Definition of outmoded in English:
Old-fashioned: an outmoded Victorian building
More example sentences
- Isn't it time to declare all such vessels outmoded, obsolete and a danger to peace?
- My only cavil is that I would have liked to see her in a part which gave her greater scope to display her abilities, rather than in this outdated and outmoded piece.
- Costumes are cultural repositories; they are antiquated, outmoded images of a nostalgised past.
- Example sentences
- What's incredibly useful in these photographs now is not just their attention to the medium of photography, but their attention to this medium in such a space of extreme outmodedness.
- It is precisely this defiant sense of outmodedness that, ironically, gives the film and its characters such an edge.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan