noun (plural ovariectomies)[mass noun]
- Surgical removal of one or both ovaries; oophorectomy.More example sentences
- Bilateral mastectomies or ovariectomy are recommended preventative measures, neither of which is a complete barrier to cancer development.
- Extracts also have been shown to be useful for younger women suffering hormonal deficits following ovariectomy or hysterectomy, as well as for juvenile menstrual disorders.
- Further, a decrease in the estrogen levels after ovariectomy would increase pituitary gonadotropin secretion and would stimulate the secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone and prolactin.
More definitions of ovariectomyDefinition of ovariectomy in:
- The US English dictionary