- Report (an event or instance of something) with disproportionately great frequency or emphasis: newspapers over-reported sexual offencesMore example sentences
- It seems to me that this confirms the theory that the press over-reports stories that play into pre-existing tropes and stereotypes about a candidate and ignore potential stories that don't.
- I suspect its saturation coverage of the whole event had more to do with proximity than strategy; CNN invariably over-reports any story originating near its Atlanta studios.
- The 22 page study documents that despite the decrease in youth-perpetrated crime - down by 33% nationwide since 1993 - newspapers over-reported youth crime, giving the opposite impression.
More definitions of over-reportDefinition of over-report in:
- The US English dictionary