- Excessively emotional or nostalgic, especially in a superficial or self-indulgent way: being a kids' film, it is over-sentimental in parts an over-sentimental rewriting of historyMore example sentences
- It's a soft and over-sentimental song about isolation and loneliness.
- Bits that I thought were cringe-inducingly over-sentimental at the cinema, I now felt touch me.
- Rudge's was a gentle wit, never over-sentimental, and he had the rare ability to appeal to children.
More definitions of over-sentimentalDefinition of over-sentimental in:
- The US English dictionary