adjective & adverbchiefly British
- (Of a throw or a stroke with a racket) made with the hand or arm passing above the level of the shoulder: [as adjective]: the bowler was happy to demonstrate his overarm technique [as adverb]: competitors can throw overarm or underarmMore example sentences
- Freestyle in those days was the trudgen, an alternating overarm stroke with a scissors kick.
- He used a stroke he observed natives of the Solomon Islands using, which combined an up-and-down kick with an alternating overarm stroke.
- I think basically it was an overarm stroke with a scissor kick with the legs.
More definitions of overarmDefinition of overarm in:
- The US English dictionary