Definition of overclock in English:
verb[with object] (often as noun overclocking)
Run (the processor of one’s computer) at a speed higher than that intended by the manufacturers.
- Tom has found a way of overclocking the socket processors from AMD.
- We look at what happens when both processors are overclocked at 4.1 GHz.
- This should prove to help with overclocking the video card beyond its default clock speeds.
- Example sentences
- Some time ago Gigabyte changed its attitude towards overclockers and now the mainboards from this manufacturer come with the appropriate BIOS.
- Abit Computer is primarily known for its high-end mainboards designed for overclockers and enthusiasts, but those are not the only products that the company makes and yet intends to make.
- Here is a test of the health of the overclocking fans, the ultimate overclocker's processor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan