Definition of overpopulate in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective overpopulated)
Populate (an area) in excessively large numbers: an overpopulated country
More example sentences
- I remember a report from France, in the eighties, where near the launch of St. Hilaire du Touvet (today a site overpopulated by paragliders) a hang glider got hit by a sailplane passing under him.
- Now the field is somewhat overpopulated and generically overstuffed.
- Hopefully the Leaders could find a better partner for her, or else the vampires could very well overpopulate the area.
- Example sentences
- Governments and intellectuals - so long focussed on the problem of world overpopulation - have been slow to come to terms with these trends.
- Deforestation and desertification, caused in part by overpopulation, force people off of the hinterlands and into the cities.
- Do you see a link between overpopulation and biological meltdown?
Definition of overpopulate in:
- US English dictionary