verb[no object] (often as noun oversharing)
Reveal an inappropriate amount of detail about one’s personal life: her taste for oversharing was part of a grassroots publicity campaign that cost her and her label nothing
More example sentences
- I do sincerely hope everyone reading this concurs, or I may have overshared.
- The letters are by turns hilarious and tragic, highly inappropriate and oversharing.
- And that lowered expectation of privacy is not just a function of the information oversharing common on social networking sites.
- Example sentences
- I must be a massive oversharer!
- I'm an inveterate oversharer.
- Facebook and Twitter are both sites for oversharers.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: over|share
Definition of overshare in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.