Definition of overshare in English:
verb[no object] (often as noun oversharing)
Reveal an inappropriate amount of detail about one’s personal life: her taste for oversharing was part of a grassroots publicity campaign that cost her and her label nothing
More example sentences
- The letters are by turns hilarious and tragic, highly inappropriate and oversharing.
- And that lowered expectation of privacy is not just a function of the information oversharing common on social networking sites.
- Most obviously, it leads to a great deal of oversharing: all of those photographs that seemed like a fun idea at the time are only the beginning of it.
- Example sentences
- "I think that crossing the chasm from the early adopter segment of oversharers, over to the more reticent mainstream, is not something that will happen right away," he says.
- Facebook and Twitter are both sites for oversharers.
- I must be a massive oversharer!
Definition of overshare in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan