Stimulate physiologically or mentally to an excessive degree: hot water overstimulates the sebaceous glands
More example sentences
- It can also produce a rare condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, in which the ovary is overstimulated and produces an excess of the hormone oestrogen.
- Do not overstimulate your baby with too much activity at bedtime because he will not want to stop the fun and go to sleep.
- Madison is much like me in that she is easily overstimulated.
- More example sentences
- Limiting your intake of common food allergens, like citrus, corn, dairy, peanuts, soy, and wheat, will also minimize the overstimulation of your immune system.
- Understimulation resulting from absence of cues about the time of day and the situation should be avoided, but overstimulation should also be avoided.
- If the overstimulation is severe, blood clots, kidney damage and twisting of the ovaries may occur, and monitoring in hospital will be required.
Definition of overstimulate in:
- The US English dictionary