- Relating to or resembling sheep: the ovine immune systemMore example sentences
- But the Maryland team remain convinced that the bovine, porcine, ovine or avian origins of what they can create will give them an edge over anything that can currently be done with a soya bean.
- The level of certainty is highest for bovine clones, followed in decreasing order of certainty, by porcine, caprine, and ovine clones.
- Continuing with this same train of logic, ‘sheep’ should be plural, but an individual ovine creature ought really to be called a ‘shoop’.
early 19th century: from late Latin ovinus, from Latin ovis 'sheep'.
More definitions of ovineDefinition of ovine in:
- The US English dictionary