1A small owl found chiefly in Asia and Africa.
- Genus Glaucidium and Athene, family Strigidae: several species
- In India, our most familiar owl is the spotted owlet, a regular inhabitant of large trees in gardens and parks and avenues, even in big cities.
- For few seconds I just lost my senses… but was able to make out a spotted owlet sitting.
- Orange headed thrush, Indian Pitta and resident birds such as oriole, spotted owlet and hoopoe can be sighted on this campus.
1.1A young owl of any kind.
- Young owlets venture out of the nest onto nearby branches at about three weeks, and begin taking short flights at about five weeks.
- In a peak year for hares, the hares edged out the voles as a source of meat for both adult owls and their owlets.
- The endearing symbol of the museum is Spooky, patterned after a great horned owl that was donated to the organization as an owlet in 1951 and which lived to the age of 38 years.
2 another term for noctuid.
- Most species are robust moths with long usually brownish wings, which have given them the common name of Owlet Moths. Some owlets have a different appearance, such as the Fan-feet and the Snouts.
- Noctuid, owlet, and cutworm (Noctuidae) moths are also stout-bodied. Their fore wings are narrow, and their hind wings are fan-shaped.
Definition of owlet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.