- An oxidizing agent.More example sentences
- Species that cause oxidation are called oxidants or oxidizing agents.
- Superoxide acts as a reducing agent and helps produce other oxidants through chemical reactions.
- The oxidant will react with most organic materials and certain inorganic materials under the conditions of the test.
late 19th century: from French (modern French oxydant), present participle of oxider 'oxidize'.
More definitions of oxidantDefinition of oxidant in:
- The US English dictionary