- (Of manufactured products) not containing chemicals that are destructive to the ozone layer: [attributive]: ozone-friendly aerosols [predic.]: some fridges are claiming to be ozone-friendlyMore example sentences
- At first she was disappointed that I was making so much drama over a haircut, but after an hour or so she softened up and went to Wal-Mart, returning with a bag full of ozone-friendly hair products.
- HFCs were originally introduced as an ozone-friendly alternative to CFCs; however, they are now recognized as a powerful greenhouse gas, with as much as 4,000 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide.
- The new product, HFC - 134a, is regarded as the best ozone-friendly replacement for CFC - 12, which is used in refrigerators, air conditioners, as aerosol propellants and in producing foam plastics.
More definitions of ozone-friendlyDefinition of ozone-friendly in:
- The US English dictionary