noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of medicine dealing with children and their diseases.More example sentences
- In addition, the clinics have ‘outpatient specialists,’ most often in internal medicine, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, and otorhinolaryngology.
- At Pontefract, Shipman trained in general medicine, paediatrics and obstetrics and gynaecology before moving to Todmorden in West Yorkshire where he worked as a GP.
- Physicians were in what are considered primary care specialties in the United States: internal medicine, family practice, general practice, paediatrics, and obstetrics and gynaecology.
- More example sentences
- It is important that you talk with your pediatric urologist about these side effects if they occur.
- Children who are thought to have an abnormality are urgently referred to a consultant paediatric orthopaedic surgeon.
- Participants were three years of age or younger who used a pediatric clinic for primary care.
More definitions of paediatricsDefinition of paediatrics in:
- The US English dictionary