Definition of page-turner in English:
An exciting book: the most irresistible page-turner since Odysseus got back to Ithaca
More example sentences
- As in all the chapters, David (a photo editor and avid photographer) maintains the excitement visually with pictures and page designs that make such a book a page-turner.
- But it is also a highly enjoyable read - one might even say it's a page-turner, if books of this genre are permitted to be labeled as such.
- It is a stunning book, a page-turner and thought-provoker.
- Example sentences
- He has the ability to synthesize a large body of scientific data into a highly readable, page-turning narrative, and to convert the raw numbers of research and statistics into meaningful facts for our personal lives.
- The books are an easy read and have that page-turning quality that makes any book hard to put down.
- We want stories that are so absorbing and page-turning that it isn't until we're brushing our teeth that night that we realize we've just read a book about values.
Definition of page-turner in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan