Definition of page-turner in English:
An exciting book: the most irresistible page-turner since Odysseus got back to Ithaca
More example sentences
- As in all the chapters, David (a photo editor and avid photographer) maintains the excitement visually with pictures and page designs that make such a book a page-turner.
- But it is also a highly enjoyable read - one might even say it's a page-turner, if books of this genre are permitted to be labeled as such.
- It is a stunning book, a page-turner and thought-provoker.
- Example sentences
- He has the ability to synthesize a large body of scientific data into a highly readable, page-turning narrative, and to convert the raw numbers of research and statistics into meaningful facts for our personal lives.
- The books are an easy read and have that page-turning quality that makes any book hard to put down.
- We want stories that are so absorbing and page-turning that it isn't until we're brushing our teeth that night that we realize we've just read a book about values.
Definition of page-turner in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.