- 1A piece of glittering material used to decorate clothing; a spangle.More example sentences
- Simply put, paillettes are part of the bangle, spangle and sequin family.
- Textures included silk velvets, velveteen and devorés, paillettes and satins.
- Sequins and paillettes are also popular, according to associates at the stores.
- 1.1A piece of bright metal used in enamel painting.More example sentences
- Titled ‘Twinkle Twinkle,’ her show comprised a hyperrealistic sculpture executed on a grand scale, a mural of shimmering paillettes and five acrylic-on-lame paintings, each measuring 40 inches square.
- Black Narcissus is a large triptych sheathed in black, gray and iridescent silver paillettes.
mid 19th century: from French, diminutive of paille, from Latin palea 'straw, chaff'.
More definitions of pailletteDefinition of paillette in:
- The US English dictionary