Definition of pain relief in English:
The alleviation of pain, typically by means of medication.
- Give medications that relax the child and medications that provide pain relief.
- In doing so, pain relief is obtained and physical therapy can be used to help restore function.
- If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.
pain reliever noun
- Example sentences
- Your experience demonstrates how important it is to get medical supervision for any pain reliever that is being used long-term.
- Epidural analgesia during labor is an effective pain reliever that has become more commonly used.
- Aspirin was originally a pain reliever, plain and simple.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan