- Occurring in pairs or as a pair: a characteristic arrangement of paired finsMore example sentences
- The result is a series of paired articles, each pair consisting of an African example drawn from a settler territory and a counterpart centered on the U.S. or the Caribbean.
- The opening chapter of the Dhammapada, a text composed entirely in verse, contains a collection of paired stanzas; each pair is meant to be taken together.
- This system provides a means of conducting a paired comparison of positive selection and evolutionary rates for homologous genes in both species groups.
More definitions of pairedDefinition of paired in:
- The US English dictionary