(North American also bok choy)
- A Chinese cabbage of a variety with smooth-edged tapering leaves.
More example sentences
- Brassica rapa variety chinensis, family Cruciferae
- Turn over a new leaf with romaine, radicchio, arugula, bok choy, watercress, frisée and mesclun (a mix of baby lettuce leaves) and mix them.
- Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, bok choy, garlic and onions are all examples of vegetables high in sulfur.
- Place over high heat and add the scallops, shiitake mushrooms, and bok choy.
from Chinese (Cantonese dialect) paâk ts'oì 'white vegetable'.
More definitions of pak choiDefinition of pak choi in:
- The US English dictionary