- 1A thin steel blade with a handle for mixing colours or applying or removing paint.More example sentences
- In one work, thick dabs of red, yellow, blue, white and yellow-green oil paint applied with a palette knife cover the 10-foot-wide canvas.
- Often applying oil paint with a palette knife, Scott fills his canvases with irregular squares and rectangles in a rainbow of contrasting hues.
- In some cases, the artist may scratch or splatter paint, add crayon or brush strokes or apply additional paint with a palette knife.
- 2British A kitchen knife or spatula with a long, flexible round-ended blade.More example sentences
- Using a palette knife or fish slice, carefully transfer each pizza to a serving plate and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Lift them from the pan with a fish slice or palette knife and place them on a shallow dish.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and pour over the pan juices, OR: turn the chicken over with a palette knife so that the cheese is on the bottom.
More definitions of palette knifeDefinition of palette knife in:
- The US English dictionary