- A salt or ester of palmitic acid.More example sentences
- The RE values shown in the following figures are defined as the sums of RE peaks 5, 6 and 7, corresponding to retinyl linoleate, retinyl oleate and palmitate and retinyl stearate.
- The main substrates are myristate and palmitate, which are produced by a fatty acid synthetase.
- A common example is beeswax that is composed primarily of myricyl palmitate, formed by the reaction of palmitic acid with an alcohol.
More definitions of palmitateDefinition of palmitate in:
- The US English dictionary