A thorny yellow-flowered tree that grows along water courses in the warm desert areas of America.
- Genus Cercidium, family Leguminosae
More example sentences
- Sited on the grounds of the Mayo Clinic, amid cacti, paloverdes and desert flowers, as well as on the terraces and paths where patients stroll, were sculptures by 19 well-known artists.
- Among the other new small champions you may recognize are the Texas redbud, yellow paloverde, mountain-laurel, and big sagebrush.
- Presumably in response to this variation among host species in selection on egg size, females have evolved egg size plasticity in which they lay larger eggs on paloverde than on catclaw acacia.
early 19th century: from Latin American Spanish, literally 'green tree'.
Definition of paloverde in:
- The US English dictionary