Definition of palpate in English:
Examine (a part of the body) by touch, especially for medical purposes: the skin of the lower neck must be palpated for cysts and infection
More example sentences
- No mass was palpated on physical examination, and her mammography was negative.
- Thyroid masses and lymphadenopathy that cause obstructive dysphagia can be palpated on examination of the neck.
- During the examination, the clinician should palpate the skin for temperature changes.
mid 19th century (earlier ( late 15th century) as palpation): from Latin palpat- 'touched gently', from the verb palpare.
- Example sentences
- Some experts have called for ultrasonography and abdominal palpation to detect these aneurysms.
- Physical examination included sinus palpation and evaluation for nasal edema, erythema, or discharge.
- The physical examination also should include careful palpation of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen.
Definition of palpate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan