Definition of pane in English:
1A single sheet of glass in a window or door.
- Doors with glass panes require a double-cylinder deadbolt to prevent someone from breaking the glass, reaching in and unlocking the door.
- A MAN who pleaded to causing damage to a door and breaking two panes of glass at a house was ordered to compensate the owner, at the November 22 sitting of Carlow District Court.
- In the central image, the girl sits on the top steps, the glass panes in the front door visible behind her.
1.1 Computing A separate defined area within a window for the display of, or interaction with, a specified part of that window’s application or output.
- You should now see the audio tracks displayed on the right pane of the software window.
- It has some great features, including tabbed documents and a multi-pane screen with the ability to keep notes in a separate pane.
- As an example, here are images of the panes of a computer using a standard USB keyboard and mouse, and one using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connection.
2A sheet or page of stamps.
- In 1958, the Post Office ceased the practice as collectors were purchasing only the plate blocks, leaving broken panes of stamps in post offices.
- The pane of 24 stamps also contained 24 connecting tabs in 12 designs.
- This cover bears a pane of nine stamps from the Wedgwood £3 book of stamps and is unaddressed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan