Definition of paperback in English:
A book bound in stiff paper or flexible card: [as modifier]: the paperback edition of her biography
More example sentences
- This article is excerpted from the new preface to the updated paperback edition.
- This concise guide booklet is only available as a paperback edition, and is sure to add value for anyone visiting the park.
- The preliminary pages of the paperback edition give copious quotes from favourable reviews of the book in the major newspapers.
- In an edition bound in stiff paper or flexible card: now available in paperbackMore example sentences
- This set him off on the idea of publishing literature in paperback, making it available cheaply and widely.
- This week's book review was published this year in paperback after its initial publication in hard cover last year.
- First published in hardback in 2003, the book is now available in paperback.
Words that rhyme with paperbackcornerback • quarterback
Definition of paperback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan