- 1Relating to or involving the storage or communication of information in electronic form, rather than on paper: several of the utilities companies have switched to paperless billingMore example sentences
- In the case of some customers, the payment of accounts by money-transfer orders can be effected by means of a paperless operation.
- The system will be web-based and paperless, and will capture information about all goods coming in and out of Ireland.
- But most important, paperless HR organizations can focus on trends in the workforce, rather than on transactions.
- 2(Of a person) lacking official documentation or evidence of identity: the federal government aims to identify paperless refugees using spot checksMore example sentences
- The jungle is a stretch of wasteland where paperless migrants are sleeping rough, waiting for an opportunity to cross the channel and seek asylum in the UK.
More definitions of paperlessDefinition of paperless in:
- The US English dictionary