- One of the basic patterns (rudiments) of drumming, consisting of four even strokes played in the order ‘left right left left’ or ‘right left right right’.More example sentences
- Yet right from the start - that bass-drum paradiddle with a percussive undercurrent that sounds like the rattle of a stage thunder machine - the recording is downright witty in its sonic variations.
- The chief use of paradiddles is a base on which to develop beats.
- Paradiddles are a rudimentary exercise for stick drummers and can be useful for learning the "handing" for djembe.
More definitions of paradiddleDefinition of paradiddle in:
- The US English dictionary