- A fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions: geophysical evidence supporting Wegener’s theory led to a rapid paradigm shift in the earth sciencesMore example sentences
- Within twenty years a fundamental paradigm shift had occurred in the ways in which informed observers discussed human existence.
- The Joburg 2030 strategy marks an important paradigm shift in our approach to planning.
- Second, it takes a paradigm shift to transition from traditional group insurance to a health and welfare trust.
1970s: term used in the writings of Thomas S. Kuhn (1922–96), philosopher of science.
More definitions of paradigm shiftDefinition of paradigm shift in:
- The US English dictionary