- 1 Genetics The state of being paralogous.More example sentences
- This shows that the acquisition of catalase activity, whether by paralogy or by lateral acquisition of genes, will usually lead to a better performance of aerobic organisms.
- Second, in the study of Baldauf et al., hidden paralogy can be problematic, since many paralogs exist within animals for three of the four genes used (actin, and - and ß-tubulins) and finding the correct orthologs is difficult.
- We analyzed the concatenated alignment of previously available amino acid sequences, although the possibility of paralogy could not be completely excluded.
- 2Paralogical reasoning.More example sentences
- Lyotard sees reason not as a universal and immutable human faculty or principle but as a specific and variable human production; "paralogy" for him means the movement against an established way of reasoning.
More definitions of paralogyDefinition of paralogy in:
- The US English dictionary