(also parametrize /pəˈramɪtrʌɪz/)
Definition of parameterize in English:
verb[with object] technical
Describe or represent in terms of a parameter or parameters: the nuclear charge distribution can be parameterized directly using a suitable mathematical form
More example sentences
- The models differ from previous approaches in that they are parameterized directly in terms of selection coefficients.
- The intra-molecular potential was parameterized to simulate a rigid structure with surface hydroxyl groups that are free to rotate in an AMBER-style torsional potential.
- Although we could have parameterized anions based on solvation data alone, the effort here is to isolate the role of size and to maintain as straightforward an analysis as possible.
- Example sentences
- Although it is reasonable to use the same distance criterion as in the parameterization of the statistical contact potentials, we applied all three criteria of Altuvia et al. to enable a direct comparison of the results.
- For the heterogeneity model, the movement distributions of model fish fit well to those of real fish during the parameterization using the first 2 mo of data.
- Our all-atom representation of the protein permits the parameterization of the free-energy landscape on the basis of physical interactions that are well understood for smaller systems.
Definition of parameterize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia