(also parge /pɑːdʒ/)
verb (pargets, pargeting, pargeted)[with object]
- Cover (a part of a building) with plaster or mortar that typically bears an ornamental pattern: (as adjective parged) parged patterns on the wallsMore example sentences
- He then parged the masonry with cement prepared from a packaged mix, before affixing precast concrete medallions to the wall.
- He explained how in such a wall the block wall is parged and the brick and mortar comes right tight to it.
- Masonry walls should be parged to provide a smooth surface when adhesives are used to attach board insulation.
nounBack to top
late Middle English: from Old French parjeter, from par- 'all over' + jeter 'to throw'.
More definitions of pargetDefinition of parget in:
- The US English dictionary