- An oxyntic (acid-secreting) cell of the stomach wall.More example sentences
- Histologically, the lesion consisted of sharply demarcated well-differentiated gastric antrofundic mucosa with chief cells, parietal cells, and mucus glands.
- At the cellular level, acid secretion is controlled by acetylcholine released from mucosal nerve endings, by the gastric hormone gastrin, and by the local regulator histamine released from cells adjacent to parietal cells.
- Gastrin causes the parietal cells to produce stomach acid and initiates enzyme secretion in the pancreas.
More definitions of parietal cellDefinition of parietal cell in:
- The US English dictionary