- A bit which acts as a check on a set of binary values, calculated in such a way that the number of 1s in the set plus the parity bit should always be even (or occasionally, should always be odd).More example sentences
- To overcome this limitation, the driver simulates it by using the parity bit.
- The simplest device is a ‘parity bit,’ an extra bit that keeps track of whether the number of 1s in a binary number is odd or even.
- The logic circuit is described by a parity-check matrix for this code comprising 128 data bits, 16 check bits, and 2 address parity bits.
More definitions of parity bitDefinition of parity bit in:
- The US English dictionary