noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of a parotid gland, especially ( infectious parotitis) mumps.More example sentences
- The great majority of cases begin as a tonsillitis or pharyngitis with occasional cases associated with mastoiditis, otitis media, parotitis, sinusitis and dental infections.
- Mumps results from infection with the mumps virus and can lead to parotitis, meningoencephalitis, and orchitis.
- Rare presentations of infection include severe haemorrhage, jaundice, parotitis, and cardiomyopathy.
More definitions of parotitisDefinition of parotitis in:
- The US English dictionary