- less formal term for psittacosis.More example sentences
- Several other pneumonias can mimic it, such as a close cousin TWAR, psittacosis (parrot fever), Q fever, adenovirus 3 and 4, influenza A or B, legionella and respiratory syncytial virus.
- Also known as parrot fever, this bacterial illness can occur when people have contact with infected bird feces or with the dust that accumulates in birdcages.
- One species, C. psittaci, causes psittacosis (so-called parrot fever), a respiratory infection transmitted from birds to people.
More definitions of parrot feverDefinition of parrot fever in:
- The US English dictionary