- A category to which a word is assigned in accordance with its syntactic functions. In English the main parts of speech are noun, pronoun, adjective, determiner, verb, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection. Also called word class.More example sentences
- Stress placement in English may also change the part of speech of a word.
- A wide variety of lesson plans are linked, including interactive lessons on teaching adverbs, conjunctions, and the parts of speech.
- I am working on a book about the parts of speech - that's right, nouns, verbs, interjections and all the rest.
More definitions of part of speechDefinition of part of speech in:
- The US English dictionary