Definition of particularize in English:
verb[with object] formal
Treat individually or in detail: he was the first to particularize themes in the poetry
More example sentences
- SCL's claims were particularised in detail in each of the RODs.
- ‘Specifying it, particularizing it, nailing meaning down, was futile’.
- The handwriting specifies and particularises the act of writing.
- Example sentences
- Specific particularization is exemplified by the tendency of workers to fall into the categories of those required to engage in cognitive activity and those doing routine work.
- Such is the way with decayed corridors and vast, ever-expanding halls: a tangible indeterminacy transpires in which particularization erodes.
- A closer examination reveals that it is more a particularisation of appropriate rules that have governed firearm use by police and the military in Britain, especially Northern Ireland, over many years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.