- A final remark, typically a cutting one, made by someone at the moment of departure: as her parting shot she told me never to phone her againMore example sentences
- Then, as a final parting shot, he leans over to look at my store catalogue and advises me on what type of music system to buy.
- His fellow team at ‘GMA’ sent him off with parting gifts and some parting shots, as they showed some of his memorable moments.
- Darryl mounted Firedancer and rode past them, but he couldn't resist a final parting shot.
More definitions of parting shotDefinition of parting shot in:
- The US English dictionary