- An electoral system of proportional representation in which people vote for a party rather than a candidate and seats are filled from lists of candidates according to each party’s share of the vote.More example sentences
- Worse still, the party list system encourages internal politics rather than any attempt to get out and engage with the voters.
- The two to three point drop in support implied by these figures could mean not only the loss of the party's by-election gain in Ayr, but also no less than six of the 18 party list seats it won four years ago.
- But you have to guess in advance whether your first preference party might benefit from having your party list vote or not!
More definitions of party listDefinition of party list in:
- The US English dictionary