- Any of a class of very small viruses chiefly affecting animals, especially one ( canine parvovirus) which causes contagious disease in dogs.More example sentences
- Owing to narrow tissue or species specificity of parvoviruses, animal parvoviruses do not infect humans.
- Puppies should be vaccinated against distemper, infectious hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and rabies.
- Effective vaccines exist for a number of animal parvoviruses.
1960s: from Latin parvus 'small' + virus.
More definitions of parvovirusDefinition of parvovirus in:
- The US English dictionary