1 (also pacha) historical The title of a Turkish officer of high rank.
- That he even has a library sets him apart from most high-tech pashas.
- Another example would be the glitter of metal: the image adds a connotation of cruelty to the glory of a pasha, previously described with true oriental bombast, as the light of lights.
- The pasha of Tripoli soon agreed, in exchange for a sixty-thousand-dollar payment, to release the American prisoners and to commit no further acts of piracy against American vessels.
2 (two-tailed pasha) A large orange-brown butterfly with two tails on each hindwing and complex patterns on the underwings, occurring around the Mediterranean and in Africa.
- Charaxes jasius, subfamily Nymphalinae, family Nymphalidae.
- The Two-Tailed Pasha is the largest European butterfly, with the fore-wing span of the female often measuring more than 4 inches.
- The Two-tailed Pasha is one of Europes most spectacular butterflies.
Words that rhyme with pashaAsher, clasher, flasher, lasher, masher, Natasha, rasher, Sasha, slasher, smasher, thrasher
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pasha
Definition of pasha in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.