- 1No longer fashionable; out of date: minis are passé—the best skirts are knee-lengthMore example sentences
out of date, outdated, out, dated, unfashionable, out of fashion, old-fashioned, outmoded, out of style, behind the times, outworn, archaic, obsolescent, obsolete, ancient, antiquated, superannuated, defunct, dead, old-fogeyish, old-fangled, quaint, anachronistic, olde worlde, medieval; French démodé; North American horse-and-buggy
- There need be nothing passé or dated about its use, provided its mathematical variability is honored.
- The fashions may seem passé and the faces a little square.
- He's had periods of being very fashionable, and periods of being very passé.
- 1.1 • archaic (Especially of a woman) past one’s prime.More example sentences
- The queens are passé now but they still do the heavy breathing and it's good man against bad man.
- At the very least, someone should tell Serena that she's passé; however much she favors her faux-biker style, the preppy look is back.
- I think I'm passé,’ says her modest, supportive, generationally-different husband Michael Douglas.
French, literally 'gone by', past participle of passer.