1No longer fashionable; out of date: minis are passé—the best skirts are knee-length
More example sentences
- There need be nothing passé or dated about its use, provided its mathematical variability is honored.
- The fashions may seem passé and the faces a little square.
- He's had periods of being very fashionable, and periods of being very passé.
out of date, outdated, out, dated, unfashionable, out of fashion, old-fashioned, outmoded, out of style, behind the times, outworn, archaic, obsolescent, obsolete, ancient, antiquated, superannuated, defunct, dead, old-fogeyish, old-fangled, quaint, anachronistic, olde worlde, medieval;
North American horse-and-buggy
1.1 archaic (Especially of a woman) past one’s prime.
- The queens are passé now but they still do the heavy breathing and it's good man against bad man.
- At the very least, someone should tell Serena that she's passé; however much she favors her faux-biker style, the preppy look is back.
- I think I'm passé,’ says her modest, supportive, generationally-different husband Michael Douglas.
French, literally 'gone by', past participle of passer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.