Relating to or marked by passion: a current of passional electric energy
More example sentences
- We read not only because we cannot know enough people, but because friendship is so vulnerable, so likely to diminish or disappear, overcome by space, time, imperfect sympathies, and all the sorrows of familial and passional life.
- Newton had discovered the physical laws of universal attraction: it was up to Fourier, so Fourier the illiterate shopkeeper tells us, to discover the laws of passional attraction.
- It only means that they alone cannot prop up a civilization; they answer wonderfully to the practical side of life, but do nothing for the passional side of life.
A book about the sufferings of saints and martyrs, for reading on their feast days.
- A group of manuscripts made for the Dowager Queen Eliska Rejka 1315-23 show first-hand knowledge of Franco-Flemish illumination, while a passional illuminated for the Abbess Kunhuta in about 1320 (Prague, University Lib.) remains obscure.
- The church services and the passionals of the saint present him as an ardent champion of Eastern orthodoxy, an opponent of the trilingual heresy
- I have come across several sources noting that Lucas Cranach, the Elder was responsible for the woodcuts in the Passional Christi und Antichristi.
Words that rhyme with passionalirrational, national, rational
Definition of passional in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.