- Non-violent opposition to authority, especially a refusal to cooperate with legal requirements: they called for protest in the form of passive resistanceMore example sentences
- Hostility toward the dominant group may take many forms, ranging form non-violent passive resistance to apolitical crime and politically inspired guerrilla warfare.
- During the struggle for independence, he realised the significance of women in the non-violent and passive resistance movement against the British rule.
- I doubt if the media will mention September 11 1906, when Mahatma Gandhi initiated non-violent, passive resistance as a means of social reform.
More definitions of passive resistanceDefinition of passive resistance in:
- The US English dictionary