noun[mass noun] Medicine
- 1The condition of being open or unobstructed: the procedure was successful in restoring the patency of the fallopian tubes [as modifier]: patency ratesMore example sentences
- Because of the poor prognosis, palliative methods are needed to maintain airway patency.
- Most patients will maintain airway patency although some may require intubation with mechanical ventilation.
- But the possibility of natural conception depends on the tubal patency and ovulatory function.
More definitions of patencyDefinition of patency in:
- The US English dictionary