Definition of pathologize in English:
Regard or treat as psychologically abnormal: most of the older theories pathologize same-sex attraction
More example sentences
- ‘It's important that we don't pathologize Aboriginal people,’ she adds.
- We need to take psychiatrically labeled people in our communities seriously, not patronize or pathologize them.
- They cannot champion gun ownership or housewifery because their theories pathologize those choices.
- Example sentences
- He did not reference the discourses of religion, psychiatry, or biology - discourses that have historically been integral to the pathologization of homosexuality.
- I'm torn over the pathologization of high-tech interruptions.
- What is important to keep in mind is that the pathologization of sexual deviance is everywhere and at all times a function of power enacted over pleasure.
Definition of pathologize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia