Definition of patriotic in English:
Having or expressing devotion to and vigorous support for one’s country: today’s game will be played before a fiercely patriotic crowd
More example sentences
- For 40 years, he has worn his patriotic devotion to Scotland tattooed on his other arm.
- The craze has swept the country, with patriotic motorists showing their support for the team.
- Many students seem patriotic, expecting their nation to stand for good in the world.
- Example sentences
- I knew this had been done before, but I'm patriotically Scottish, so it appealed to me for that reason, as did the scale of it.
- Referring patriotically to our national heritage and history, he suggested that the seized items be surrendered to the state and placed in museums.
- Some of those waiting, patriotically dressed in red, complained about the poor organisation of the ticket sales and lack of police control.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan