- (On the Internet) a business model whereby a company that has placed an advertisement on a website pays a sum of money to the host website when a user clicks on to the advertisement: [as modifier]: so-called ‘click fraud’ is an increasing problem as pay-per-click advertising continues to growMore example sentences
- Several of these firms noticed unusually high spikes in traffic to pay-per-click ads on Microsoft's search tool.
- More pay-per-click means more online content but ultimately less money for producing that content.
- Chances are you've heard about the amazing ROI that can be had with pay-per-click advertising on Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
More definitions of pay-per-clickDefinition of pay-per-click in:
- The US English dictionary