Definition of paywall in English:
(On a website) an arrangement whereby access is restricted to users who have paid to subscribe to the site.
- Being a former medical professional I can tell you locking up research info behind paywalls is a heinous crime!
- Assuming this rate holds, you can turn 1,000,000 daily visitors into 50 paying visitors with a paywall.
- Recap is not the first to liberate these documents from behind the paywall.
- Example sentences
- More than 105,000 users have paid to access content on paywalled websites of The Times and The Sunday Times.
- The paywalled sites lack of success came as a massive shock to staff when the figures were announced in a newsroom meeting last week.
- Don't bet on iPad apps being a saviour for expensive magazines, paywalled newspapers, etc. any time soon.
Definition of paywall in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan